10 ways to get more traffic using Twitter.
One of the most important things to remember before doing any of the ten things below is that it only works if you really invest yourself into it, you should do these 10 things every day. Twitter is a social network, and just sending your link out there may get you some traffic, but really to take full advantage of it you must be social and get out there and work at it.
Here are the 10 ways to get more traffic:
1. Tweet your link: Obviously nobody will go where you want them to unless you tell them where to go. Don’t push too many links, just a few per day will work good. Make sure you use “hash tags” with different keywords (i.e. #keyword) after your link so it will appear in different conversations relating to your subject.
2. ReTweet something of interest: Find something that someone else tweeted and hit the retweet button to send it to your followers. This is good for two reasons, first it will give something of value to the people following you, and second, the person who’s item you retweeted will more than likely be grateful and may even follow you or retweet something of yours.
3. Reply to someone: Find a user who wrote something about a subject that is part of your business/website and reply (@thatperson) to them. Try and get a conversation going if you can, not only will the person be happy and follow you, but their followers will see you are human and not just a spam machine.
4. Recommend a user: Find a Twitter user that you thing is a valuable asset and would be of interest to your followers and send a tweet out recommending your users to follow this person, make sure you mention the person (@thatperson) so that they know what you have done.
5. Follow a new person: Twitter is all about connections, everyday do a search for keywords that have to do with what you are marketing and check for someone of interest that you can follow, about 30% of users follow back, and that’s even higher if the person is in the same field as you.
6. Tweet without a link: Nobody wants to follow someone who is just pumping out links to their own website, products or affiliates all day long, so send out an update of what’s new, or a joke, quote or anything else of interest with no link.
7. Ask a question: If you need help with something just ask and you will probably get more answers that you could want, if you don’t have any questions, well you can find one, about anything, if possible related to your website or product with a link.
8. Answer a question: A great to get noticed and make new connections is helping out, and sometimes by doing this you will gain a new follower, reader or even client. It will also show the followers of whomever you are answering that you can be a good source of knowledge in a particular field.
9. Check your direct messages: Most of them will probably be spam, but answer them all anyways. Most of the spam you’ll get is people saying “thanks for following with their link”, well you can answer back “my pleasure with your link”.
10. Check your replies: Again you will have some spam here, but answer them anyways, they are public and since you are answering someone you aren’t spamming and it gets your link and name out there.
Find us on Twitter under DeuceGroup
This entry was posted on Sunday, March 28th, 2010 at 9:27 pm and is filed under Traffic Tips, Twitter. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.